The NSN3’s detection principles gas counter consists of an organic gas mixture of methane and nitrogen gas (the neutrons are measured using this mixed gas). Fast neutrons are detected by the elastic scattering reaction of hydrogen from the metahne gas. Slow/Thermal neutrons are detected using the 14 N (n, p) 14C reaction of nitrogen gas. The proton energy is this reaction is 626 keV. By using these two reactions, the neutron ambient dose equivalent can be obtained from the thermal neutrons up to 15 MeV.
- Protection of employees of nuclear facilities, research centres, hospitals and civil security
- Detection and monitoring of radiological contamination
- Search for neutron sources or presence of radionuclides.
Fields of application.
- Nuclear power plants
- Research laboratories
- Particle accelerators
- Fire brigade, emergency services and rescue services
Fuji Electric PORTABLE NEUTRON SURVEY METER NSN3 features.
- The energy response is improved using the spectrum weighting function
- Measures ambient dose equivalent and ambient dose equivalent rate of neutrons
- Lightweight and portable (Weighs only 3kg approx.)
- AC power, primary and secondary cells are applicable
- Equipped with USB drive function and can display measurement values on a PC
- Compliance : IEC61005 (2014)
- Large battery life : 31 hours or more (no display), 12 hours or more (displays continously)
- Ideal for a wide range of measurements
dose rate : 1 μrem/hr to 9.99 rem/hr (0.01μSv/hr to 99.99 mSv/hr)
dose : 1 μrem to 9.99 rem (0.01μSv to 99.99 mSv)
dose rate : ≤ ±20 % at 1 mrem/h (10 μSv/hr)
dose : ≤ ±20 % at 0,1 mrem/h (1 μSv)